Face Mask - Pattern 1
Our masks are reusable and 100% cotton. This will eliminate tonnes of contaminated plastic waste. Its comfortable, breathable allowing you to breath nicely and talk freely. The comfortable cotton code will help you to tie it around the head
Highly recommend to wear a new washed & dried face mask at home for half an hour to one hour and check if it is comfortable for you. This will avoid fiddling with a new face mask before going into the public place. Its advisable to put the mask on, before you go out and remove it while your are back inside your home.
Please wash new face masks before the first use and between uses. Wash with similar colors.
Details of our Face Masks
1. 100% cotton fabric, reusable and machine washable.
2. 3 layers- Pre-washed Da gamma shweshwe as the first top layer & 2 other cotton layers. Different shweshwe colors available.
3. Sizes – Large( Men), Medium( ladies, teenagers & children with bigger faces) and Small ( fits smaller face, children aged below 10 preferably)
4. Cotton cord /Elastic band to tie the mask around your head.
Sizing for masks:
Small : Approximately 11 cm high chin to nose peak & approximately 15 cm at widest point.
Medium : Approximately 13cm high chin to nose peak & approximately 17 cm at widest point.
Large : Approximately 15cm high chin to nose peak & approximately 22cm at widest point.
These masks are hand made items and by nature have imperfections. Each item will look a bit different form the next.
Please use a measuring tape or ruler to get the measurement of your face. If you are unsure use a ruler to get a rough measure of your face.
1 Adult mask - R45
1 Child mask - R40
How to use the Mask/ Direction to wash
1. Clean hands -Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use alcohol based sanitizer before and after using the masks.
2. If the mask has codes - Pick up the masks, by holding the top cord and take towards your face and take it around the top of the ear lobes and tie it around your head. Fit the mask around your mouth, nose and chin and tie the bottom cord around your neck.
If the mask has elastic – Pick up the mask, by holding all the elastic and put it over your head. The top elastics should go around your ear lobes and the bottom around your neck. Adjust the elastics to suit your size. You can untie the knot on the elastic and make it tighter.
Make sure it comes all the way up and close to the bridge of your nose and all the way down under your chin and is comfortable. Do your best to tighten the loops or ties so it’s snug around your face, without gaps.
3.Mask should be completely on . Do not fiddle with it or wear or rest under the chin. It is important to understand that the outside of the mask is contaminated. If you touch mask, wash hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer right away. Always ,always follow physical distancing and good hygiene practices.
4.Wash your hands before you remove your face masks .Remove the cotton tie of the bottom first and then the top. Don’t touch the front of the mask when you take it off. Place it directly into your washing machine or safe place to wash. Clean hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
5. Launder the mask after use in your washing machine in warm water using soap & detergent . Shweshwe, the top layer - is Da gamma, authentic 3 Cats Shweshwe. It is pre-washed before sewing the face masks but the dye might still leech out during washing. It is recommended to wash the face mask on its own on with similar colors. You can also hand wash your mask with warm, soapy water for at least one to two minute and dry it, preferably in the sun . Iron the masks to make it look neat.
6.Replace masks with a new clean, dry mask as soon as they become wet /humid. Even if it gets wet with your own inhaling and exhalation.
The disclaimer: Our face masks are not a replacement for medical grade protective equipment. These cotton masks do not provide the same health protection as regulated N95 respirators or surgical masks. Social distancing, washing your hands and refraining from touching your face remains the best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19. However, a face mask cover can provide protection and remind you not to touch your face. It also helps prevent the spread of germs from you to others.
If the masks are being delivered by couriers/ drop off/pick ups, try to only have minimum contact with the packaging. Sanitize the package or remove the packaging and keep it in a safe place for recycling. Wash any surfaces that have been touched by the packaging. Wash your hands thoroughly for 20 sec or with a alcohol based hand sanitizer. Wash all the new masks before using them for the first time. Remember to wash it alone or with similar colors.
We have provided you with as much information as we can on face masks, please use your discretion when choosing to purchase one. No refunds or returns on masks.
Why should you buy face masks from Ecoelephant in Cape Town?
1. We are a 18 months old small Eco Conscious business. We love what we do and encourage people around us to choose sustainable options in their lifestyle. You need people like us
2. We are a local business and all the face masks are locally made.
3. We always include and empower women in our projects. Buying from us will help us to employ work from home mothers in this uncertain time.
4. Ecoelephant face masks are reusable, which means no landfill. You can recycle it once it wears out and as a natural product it is completely biodegradable.
5. It is made of 100% cotton , there is no plastic hidden in the fabric. Many of the fabrics available in the market are synthetic natural blends. Polyester, nylon, acrylic, and other synthetic fibers — all of which are forms of plastic. Synthetic fibres contribute to ocean plastic pollution. When its been washed they shed millions of plastic fibers from the cloths into the water supply. The fibers can absorb other man-made pollutant that reach the ocean which includes pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, detergents, oil, industrial chemicals. These are then eaten by sea creatures causing deaths, stunted growth and altering behavior. They can potentially pass them up the food chain.
6. Ecoelephant face masks are 3 layers and are made according to the recommended guidelines by the Trade, Industry and competition Republic of South Africa.
7. We know the effects of corona virus on our economy. This is the time of uncertainty and we have to minimize our spending habits. Our face masks are well priced keeping YOU in mind.
8. We are very passionate about zero waste and love our customers. We go above and beyond to help our customers. We are taking every precaution to sanitize to its utmost level when handling with the products. Each order will be individually packed with love and special prayers .
9. We sell other essential care products like bamboo toothbrushes, vegan body soaps, vegan shampoo bars, facial cleansing pads, reusable razors, menstrual cups, reusable menstrual cloth pads etc etc. You can get your zero waste lifestyle essentials all in one go from us.
10. 10% of every mask sold in May we will be contributed to a good cause ( Vulnerable community/feeding schemes/ organisation in need). Details will be published every month either on our social media or website.
This product practices or provides the following eco choices : Reusable, mask is plastic free & elastic has to be eco-bricked, recyclable, zero waste, proudly South African, low carbon footprints.